CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Relationship Glitch = Jesus shows HIS Love

I went out with Jonny to do some business as well as for my every other week check up, some unexpected things came up that Jonny had to attend to, so I ended up going home by myself which I did most begrudgingly until I forced myself to listen to the track that was on my MP3 player which was "Greater Faith Pt.1".

Instantly my mood began to change to one of faith and trust, instead of moaning that I would probably have to walk home I cheered up at the thought of being picked up from someone back at home, instead of thinking that the Lord didn't love me, I started to have faith that He did. And I really tried to believe that the Lord would "do it" and let someone pick me up so that my back (which was hurting) wouldn't get any worse. (We live up on a hill.)

By that time I was at my stop and was really enjoying the Word, I was so engrossed into being enlightened at what I heard that I didn't hear, "Can I help you carry anything?".

 At first I was super skeptical about this girl offering her help to me, I thought maybe she was going to rob me of some of my newly bought baby items, but I decided to trust .. "I can carry your purse if you want." "Uh, no thanks. I'll hold on to it." I gingerly replied. Thoughts like I wonder where this woman's accomplices are were running through my tired mind.

After a tiny while she asked, "How are you getting home?" she asked. "I'll ask one of my friends to pick me up." I replied. "Oh no!" she gushed, "let me pay for a cab for you." She stopped at a cash machine to get out her some money while I thought. "Hrrmm, I really don't know what to make of this." I thought .. then it registered, of course, she wants me to get into the cab, and of course the taxi driver will be "in" on it and then they'll take me to some God forsaken place and then it will be the end of me. What could be her motive? .. She already has a child. I kept up with this silent monolog in my mind until she cut in with, "Well, my card doesn't seem to be working right now, so here, you can have all the cash that is on me," Now I started to feel that the tables had turned.

The walk to the taxi stand was a quiet one which made the walk seem allot longer, "By the way, my name is Maria and this is my son Elijah." She blurted out after she asked some ladies to make room so that I could sit down. "Ohh so she's Christians .. how nice!" I thought. "My name is Vida." I said after praising the Lord that I was not in the presence of a killer.

She then called up a taxi on her mobile and then started to talk and ask some questions, she was very reassuring about the delivery (in a good realistic way) and told me that there was "great joy" to look forward to after. Hearing her speak with such faith about the delivery and taking care of the baby afterwards sparked a flame of faith in me that everything would be ok and that the Lord really does take care of His own.

After all that mental anguish, I started to think that maybe this now lovely Maria was actually an angel sent to help and comfort me. The taxi came to which she instructed the driver to treat me like a princess, we then exchanged numbers and the taxi took off, I dared myself to look to see if she was still there .. and to my wowie -zowied-ness .. she was!!

"Hmm, maybe the Lord has to still let me see her so that I don't go into such shock and induce myself into labor." I silently thought while giving a little chuckle to myself. The taxi driver was very sweet and really made sure that I was comfortable, offering to help buckle my seat belt etc. We arrived at the apartment and he pulled up right up on the side walk in front of the door, then he got and opened the car door for me like a proper taxi driver .. (ahem!) and wished me a pleasent evening then was off.

I really did feel like a princess after that!! I went home totally thrilled and excited that the Lord really does love me and thinking in the back of my mind that maybe the Lord let this happen because I'm about to give birth soon. I shared the testimony to ones back at home, and they were all just as thrilled as I was. Isabelle kept asking if she [Maria] was Swedish, to which I kept confirming and reaffirming.

I then thought of trying to call Maria for one to thank her for her help and second to make sure she was still human. I didn't have the .. whatever you wanna call it .. to call her so I smsed her and .. lo and behold I got a sms back from her, all very sweet and very encouraging, I told her my name was actually short for Davida which comes from David, she was so happy to hear/read that I was a Christian to. She went on to say that David was a man after Gods heart and the Lord has a really special love for me, all of this really encouraged me.

After eating and chatting a little bit more, I am now off to bed.

Kisses and Good Night!

1 comments:

whacky said...

That's such a cool testimony, Vida! So glad you finally updated! Now you just need to post pics and stories of your wee little one. Love you and am praying for you! xxx