CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

The big I T starts ..

Last night, try as I might to get some sleep. I couldn’t! I tried switching positions and tried different angles but couldn’t quite find my niche. So I tried to catch up on some sleep, Jonathan had to go out early to get some more legal work and other business things done, so I figured I would have a lovely indoor day making up for the rest that I wasn’t able to get some short 8 hours ago.

“Just a short trip to the rest room, and I’m set” I thought. But to my shock when I got up from the toilet, I saw something that meant .. NO SLEEP! I called Isabelle (who thankfully was home at the time) to ask her what ‘that’ was, she said that ‘that’ could mean that my labor was going to start.

I first felt shocked then happy, giddy and excited. I didn’t know what to do, so I started walking around in excitement, then I was told that maybe I should rest, so I tried but felt so happy that laying down didn’t my emotional state justice so I continued walking around.

I also noticed that walking around brought on the same back pain (but stronger) that I felt last night. (Looking back it's like .. duh!!!) Anyways, another sweet miracle that the Lord did was that Suzanna and Lisa were online at the time, so I was in contact with them about how far apart my contractions were and they were both loving and encouraging, my Mommy (a.k.a Mary Meek) called and we talked and she was very supportive.

I also called Jane (Jonathans Mother) and she said that she would come over after she was finished doing some chores and business. I sms-ed Jonathan, and because of the little scare I had earlier, he didn’t seem too alarmed.

So I continued walking around happily feeling the peace that only comes when you’re about to go through something very magnificent and almost humanly impossible.

Around that time, Peter and Isabelle had to go out to do some work on the car, which meant that I was home alone. I started to wonder what would happen if things all of a sudden escalated but those thoughts were kept at bay by the constant communication between Suzanna and Lisa, who at the time were busy with some drilling and work on the new house that the Lord provided for them.

I called Jonathan after making sure that my contractions were coming in a steady flow, it was around 10am that I saw that I was going to have the baby within the next 24 or so hours, and the contractions after I saw the light were approx 10-15 mins apart, but in only a few short hours; at around 12:30ish I was went down to 10 mins apart. During the effacement and beginning of the dilation period I was estatic and on cloud .. I don’t know.. all I know was that I was soooo happy that the baby was coming.

He didn’t believe it at first until I told him to expect his baby within the next 24 hours, then he got the point and said that he would be coming home ASAP. He came home around the same time as Peter and Isabelle did from their work on their car.

It was so funny, I can still remember hearing him come home and hearing his footsteps come to our room door, anyways, he comes in the room while I’m pacing slowly and happily and is like, complete with hand motions, stern expression, and a slightly raised voice. “Calm down, everything is going to be ok!” I started laughing, and tried to calm him down while reassuring him that I was ok and that I wasn’t scared or freaked out.

Hrmm, I know, it should have been the other way around, but what can I say .. us women have God given strength in times of peril and distraught.

I still hadn’t eaten anything and was quite hungry, so (mistake no. 1) I ate a little something instead of following counsel of sticking to liquids. Anyways, we had heard different things about girls going through contractions but that the contractions weren’t able to or could open the person like they’re supposed to. We were determined not to have that story in my book, so we went out (in the cold) for a nice brisk walk up a 70 degree hill. I wasn’t able to walk brisk, so I just did what I could while my coach [a.k.a Jonathan] coached me with my breathing whenever a contraction came.

The transportation to the hospital was quite confusing, first our midwife said that we would have to pay for the taxi, that the Government pays for that, then when we called the hospital they said that we would have to pay for the taxi.

Peter and Isabelle just got their car service so they offered us their car, and Isabelle’s brother, Jackie offered to drive us to the hospital after he got off from work which at that time was around 4pm.

After walking for about .. not really how long but it felt like a long time. We went back home and I tried to pack a bag to take with me to the hospital, I thought I would only be staying there around a day or two so I decided not to take so much, just the bare essentials.

At around 8:30pm Jane arrived.


Now we are off to the hospital.

0 comments: